PRco began operations in 1989. We have worked hard to build a superior consumer platform by providing comprehensive coverage and continuously improving our products and services. PRco is an independent, family-run company, and is backed by Old Republic Insurance Company, rated “Superior” by A.M. Best.
Headquartered in the San Francisco suburb of Lafayette, California, PRco operates in the states of Arizona, California, Idaho, Indiana, Nevada, Oregon and Washington.
When Frank and Bette Piacente started PRco in 1989 with offices in San Francisco, their goal was to provide buyers of pre-owned vehicles with the highest level of security and protection for their investment. But more importantly, they wanted to provide this protection in an environment based on trust and integrity. In 1998 PRco relocated their offices to Walnut Creek, and finally in 2001, PRco moved to its current location in Lafayette. That same year, PRco started to offer GAP coverage to further protect customers in the event of a total loss of their pre-owned vehicles.
Since our beginnings, PRco has focused on the used car market. PRco continues to offer broad coverage for qualified vehicles while maintaining easy to understand contracts. In 2009, PRco began marketing its PRcoPower Dealer Management System, a fully functional software package to manage used car dealerships.
PRco encourages all employees to learn, grow and perform to the best of their abilities. We strive to communicate a clear understanding of PRco so our customers know what to expect throughout the claim process. By doing so, our customers become confident in our team. This is the key to understanding our longevity in this business.
We respect all people, regarding them as we ourselves would like to be regarded. This requires us to know ourselves and to try to understand others. Our staff is constantly striving to improve service and maintain open communications with our customers, repair facilities, dealers and suppliers – understanding that it takes a team effort to provide customer care the PRco way. PRco employees are:
• Responsive to feedback from customers and other employees
• Responsible to keep their agreements with customers and other employees
• Good Company citizens
PRco wants you to have a better overall experience when you have a mechanical breakdown or your vehicle is totaled or stolen. PRco manages the process on your behalf. To that end:
• Online Claims Reporting — You can have your repair facility, or in the case of a GAP claim your insurance company/lender, email us the repair estimate/total loss documents in minutes. We will handle it from there until the covered claim is completed.
• Repair facility locator – You can choose any licensed repair facility to bring your vehicle for repairs – just have them call us or submit an estimate for repairs via fax or email (see below). If you would like to bring your vehicle to a repair facility that we have worked with in the past, please email or contact us with our “Live Chat” noted below.
• Live Chat
Our online customer service, you ask questions about your claim by clicking an icon and entering your questions and within minutes you will receive our response.
Our business hours are:
• Monday thru Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm and on Saturday, from 9 am to 1 pm Pacific time.
Our contact information is:
• info@PRcoUSA.com or if you are submitting a claim, email@example.com
• Telephone 1-800-388-PRCO (7726)